Official Website for Jackson County, Iowa

Jackson County Iowa - Military Service Records

  • iStockrecordermilitaryR.jpg

Military Service Records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Jackson County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail. Please send a photo copy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Additional resources:

Veterans Affairs Page

If enlisted from the state of Iowa:

Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs
7105 NW 70th Ave., Building A6A
Camp Dodge
Johnston, IA 50131-1902
Phone: (515) 242-5331


Application for Certified Copy of Military Records