Downloadable forms from Jackson County, Iowa Planning and Zoning office.

  Jackson County, Iowa - Zoning and Planning Forms


 Below are some of the various ordinances, applications, forms, and handouts needed for zoning-related issues in unincorporated Jackson County. If you are looking to construct within the corporate limits of Andrew, Baldwin, Bellevue, LaMotte, Maquoketa, Miles, Monmouth, Preston, Sabula, Spragueville, Springbrook, or St. Donatus, you will have to contact the local officials in those jurisdictions.

Jackson County Zoning Ordinance schedule of rules and regulations for construction and use of land and/or structures in unincorporated Jackson County

Building a home in the A-1 Agricultural Zoning District of Jackson County: Where to Start- information describing the steps necessary before constructing a single family dwelling in most unincorporated areas of Jackson County. 

Principal Structure or Use Permit Application- submit this application if you wish to build a single family dwelling, start a business on commercial property, or construct a permitted principal structure or use in unincorporated Jackson County. There is a $150 fee for this application.*

Accessory Structure or Use Permit Application - submit this application if you wish to build an accessory structure (garage, shed, swimming pool, etc), or an addition to an existing structure. There is a $75 fee for this application.*

Change the Use of Land or Structure in Jackson County- submit this application if you wish to start a home occupation, farm home occupation, or home industry. There is a $75 fee for this application.

NUISANCES- Sometimes, a neighboring property represents a nuisance and is detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of your neighborhood or community. In order to ensure fairness to all parties involved, the best way to have your concerns reviewed and addressed is to file an official complaint.  Understandably, you may have reservations about having this be a matter of record, but the rights of due process and proper procedures must be followed.  Please fill out the Jackson County Nuisance Complaint Form and submit it in person, by mail, or e-mail, directly to the Jackson County Zoning Department.

Jackson County Nuisance Complaint Form

As always, if you have any questions about how to fill out these forms, or need assistance in understanding what is permissible in Jackson County, please contact the Jackson County Zoning Department at (563) 652-4512, or email the Zoning Department at


*At this point in time, there is no online payment options available for submitting the required fees, but the Zoning Administrator can review the application to ensure that your project conforms to the zoning ordinance, and approve it once payment is received.



Riverview Park in Bellevue

Bellevue Iowa

Boats at Sabula

Limestone Kilns at Maquoketa